Monday, September 17, 2007

Arrrrr... 100,000 Miles

My odometer just turned over on Sunday. I was driving home from my parents' house as it happened in the middle of Canton after a quick stop at The Trading Post in Plymouth where I picked up a new soccer ball & a new pair of sweet, sweet socks. I've never had a car long enough to watch this happen before. I may have the opportunity to watch this w/ my 1st car, but the odometer didn't work. of course, w/ that car, it wouldn't have been 100,000, it would have been 300,000 because by the time I got it, it'd already been all over the continent. In fact, the guy who sold it to me claimed he'd driven it to Alaska twice. My current car has never gone that far though. Here's a re-cap of the road-trips the old Escape has experienced since I bought it in 2002 w/ about 20,000 miles on it:
* Columbus 2003
* Petoskey 2004
* Cleveland 2004
* Cleveland 2005
* Petoskey 2005
* Chicago 2007
* Traverse City/Petoskey 2007
Why did this post start w/ a pirate "ARRR," you ask? Because it's important to remind you all of the grandest holiday of the season. Wednesday is "Talk Like a Pirate Day," so get your rum now and be sure to rent yourself a couple Errol Flynn films. For those of you in need of a nearly comprehensive list of pirate films you should go here and then finish up the list here. When it comes to pirates, only at Visions of Ypsi do you get such top shelf service.

No comments: