Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tires: Flat & Fat

I kind of thought that after being w/o my car for 8 weeks I’d be able to go a little while w/o a problem, but apparently not. I was leaving to pick up my kids from school today and found a flat tire on the passenger side of my car. To top it off it was pouring rain. I had to lie down in a puddle to change it and it turns out that the jack that comes w/ an Escape seems more useful for the Ford Focus. The Escape it built on the Focus frame, but the focus doesn’t have the running boards which make it nearly impossible to turn the crank of the jack. It took me a fucking hour to change the fucking tire. I finally got it changed, but I don’t have a lot of faith in the spare.
In other tire news, Stacey and Georgina turned me on to Red Tulip the other day. I think they found it @ the Beer Fest last winter. In fact, it’s possible that I tried it there too, but I tried a lot that day so remembering one is a bit much to expect of me. It has a nice caramel-Tootsie Roll taste like Fat Tire Amber, & I hadn’t had Fat Tire since a Dead show in Columbus a few years ago. It’s a fantastic find. I wish the Fat Tire was available in the Mid-West, but for now it’s nice to have a similar local beer.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Mini-spare tires are pretty trustworthy, but do be sure to set the pressure in it - that tends to go un-done and all tires leak...

Also, try to stay at or below the speed rating (probably 50 mph).

I will try to remember to tell you how we test the spare tires one of these days.