Monday, February 12, 2007

This Weekend

I sat out the Grammy Awards last night even though The Grateful Dead were being awarded some sort of Lifetime Achievement Award. As it turns out, Billy and Mickey just stood up in the audience and waved. Apparently they couldn't take any time away from Beyonce, Mary J. Blige and Christina fucking Aguilera. Other Lifetime Achievement Award recipients included Ornette Coleman, Joan Baez, the Doors and Booker T. The Grammys could have used a nice half hour jam w/ Ornette, Booker T and Billy and Mickey. Why the Doors got such an award is beyond me though. More free jazz, less pop crap. I'm also a bit confused about why Dylan didn't even get nominated for Album of the year, yet he did win best solo vocal performance. If there's one universal truth out there, it's that he shouldn't be winning awards for his vocals. I love him and the cd is fantastic, but give me a break. I suppose it's nice that the Dixie Chicks won a bunch, but I wish their music was as cool as their politics. As far as the Police reunion is concerned, I'll check it out on You Tube once it's posted, but reunion tours don't do much for me and they never have.

Other things that happened this weekend include a trip to my folks' house yesterday. The kids had a great time making cookies and playing, and I watched Arsenal snatch victory from the jaws of defeat yet again as they went into the last 10 minutes of their match w/ Wigan down 1-0 and came back to win 2-1 as Rosicky (seen here) headed home the winner in the 84th minute. Everyone on my fantasy team got yellow cards yesterday though so I think it's about time to announce that The Douchebags don't have much of a chance at finishing in the top spot. Before we watched the game, Solstice and I made a blog for her. You can check it out here. Be sure to leave her a comment... it will make her very happy.

Rather than watching the Grammys, Stacey came over and we watched Clerks. She'd never seen it. I don't think she loved it, but she tolerated it enough to say she'd watch Mallrats. One of the fun things about ths new blog is that I can embed movies. The old blog was too narrow and they wouldn't fit.

No comments: