Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ow, My Balls

You may remember that a few weeks ago my loving son punched me in the balls while waiting outside my loving daughter's school. Many people saw and it hurt like hell. It was embarrassing and ridiculous and he still loves to tell me about it. He thought he was so fucking funny... and in hindsight, I suppose he was. I didn't log in to rehash that little story though, I'm here because I watched the Mike Judge film, Idiocracy last night w/ my brother. It's a funny movie w/ Luke Wilson as a mediocre military guy who gets frozen and wakes up 500 years later to find Americans devolved into idiots due to the influence of things like Fox News. The English language has become solely a mix of hillbilly and inner city slang, every business has strippers (which actually sounds like a good plan for the future), every one's favorite tv show is called Ow, My Balls (about a guy who gets hit in the balls a lot), the best film is called Ass (90 minutes of a guy's ass w/out any discussion of whose ass it is or why he's farting... Luke Wilson's character points that little tid-bit out), and a Gatorade-like product runs the economy so water is only used for toilets (which is why the crops are failing). It's good stuff. The jokes get a little old after a while though as does the premise, but it's a nice little commentary on society. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but they also seem to be the ones who are being made fun of in the movie, so check it out. It's obnoxious and absurd, but it's funny.

2 comments:

LauraJ23 said...

I loved this "obnoxious and absurd" little gem!
We watched it last week.
I liked that Fuddruckers evolved to Buttfuckers.
HA HA

Anonymous said...

I just read the review Jason posted on his site. He didn't like it much. I'm surprised by that. I would have thought he would like it.