Saturday, February 10, 2007

Pasta, Scrabble and Pharmies

Stacey came over tonight w/ her kids as did Warren w/ his kids. We had pasta, salad and bread. Stacey made apple/rasberry crisp and Warren brought ice-cream. I even went so far as to make homemade salad dressing because I'm a bad-mother-fucker. I also made stuffed mushrooms that turned out alright. They could have been better though. Jean came by for a while too and after we had the kids all fed, we ate and then played a bad ass game of Scrabble. Warren wouldn't accept my "pharmy" though. Apparently, he needs to go to more Phish shows. I even used it in sentences and everything: "Hey brah, help a brother out and kick down a pharmy for me?" He was having none of it though. I won anyway, w/ Stacey's help at the end. I had one tile left, an "I," which would have been subtracted from my score. Warren and I were tied at 162 at that point. All I had to do was find a home for that "I" and I would win, but I'd lose if I couldn't place it somewhere. I was struggling, but Stacey showed me "ail." Of course, my first response was, "No, that's 'ale.'" (Always thinking w/ my liver.) She demanded that since she lost, I had to give her her rightful propers for helping me.) Along w/ playing the game, we all enjoyed some wine as well; all of us besides Jean who reasserted his position in the PBArmy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ale can make your liver ail.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... an entry for "pharmies" but not "pharmy." Pretty convincing to me.

I wasn't aware that anyone could go to any more Phish shows. Maybe I've had one too many pharmies. I mean pharmeceuticals.