Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stomache Bugs, Skiing and Shit Kickers

My normally lovely daughter is today my puking daughter. She woke up at 5:30 this morning and has been throwing up every 45 minutes since then. Her mom and brother were sick over the weekend, so I'm not too surprised that she got it too, but it's a weird virus. Aside from the few minutes she spends in the bathroom (or w/ her face in a barf bowl) she seems fine. If it weren't for the up-chucking, I wouldn't believe she was sick. It's really strange. She throws up and then goes back to doing whatever she was doing... surfing the net, playing w/ her dolls, watching tv, etc. There doesn't seem to be any down time. From what I understand, neither her brother nor her mom were that way at all when they had it. Speaking of other people getting it, I hope that if I'm going to get it, it happens today so I can be better by Friday since I'm supposed to go skiing w/ my siblings. They are planning to take me to Nub's Nob as a belated X-mas present. I haven't been skiing since high school and if I have to miss this due to illness, I'll be pissed. Of course, my shoulder is still pretty fucked up, so there's always that reason to avoid the slopes too, not to mention the financial burden a ski trip will place on the old checking account. Regardless of the reasons I should probably stay home, they want to give me this present, so I imagine, as long as my face isn't stuck in the toilet bowl, I'll be heading north on Friday. Apparently, we'll be coming back Saturday night, in which case I might stop off at the Blind Pig to check out the Shit Kicker's Ball featuring Whitey Morgan and a Daisy Duke contest. I can't remember the last time I was there. Maybe in 1999 when I went w/ some friends from out of town to see The Still and tried to get free beer by using Jedi Mind Tricks on the bartender. I'll have to use that approach again. Sooner or later it has gotta work. I can't believe how long it's been since I was there. I used to go there all the time, and I saw some great stuff: Leftover Salmon, Gov't Mule, Deep Space Six, Ekoostic Hookah, String Cheese Incident, etc. Wait a minute, now I remember being there since the Still; we saw Vince Welnick there a couple years ago. What a waste of time that shit was.

No comments: