Thursday, March 12, 2009

MC Joaquin

According to the Daily Mail (& a million other sources) Joaquin Phoenix has vowed to quit acting & follow his new dream... being a hip-hop artist. He performed a set in Miami the other night & according to the gossip pages looked rather "disheveled." Apparently, that term is synonymous "bearded." Why is it that men w/ beards are always accused of being wasted... or suicidal. Al Gore grew one for a bit a few years ago & people went ape-shit... "He must have something to hide." As soon as people grow beards, they are put in the same category as Osama bin Laden & Ted Kaczynski (oddly enough, the Unibomber didn't even have a beard). Like Joaquin Phoenix, I too once dreamt of becoming a hip-hop star; my rap name was "A Plu$," & my friend & I used to write lyrics all the time. Another kid even got a small mixing board thing w/ the plans of being our DJ. I don't recall the name he went by, but Marques was Question Mark. Since high school, I've only seen him 3 times, & 2 of those times involved seeing Chuck D: once w/ Public Enemy @ the Palace & once @ Pease Auditorium when he spoke on campus a few years ago. With this in mind, Joaquin's burly hip-hop persona is inspiring me. Maybe it's time to pursue that long lost goal. I want everyone to call me "A Plu$" from now on... Word up!Speaking of Osama bin Laden, his favorite team, Arsenal, got through to the quarter-finals of the Champions League yesterday after beating Roma 7-6 in penalties. They won the home leg 1-0 a couple weeks ago, but then lost 1-0 yesterday so the aggregate was 1-1. After nothing happened in the extra time, I thought I was going to lose my shit sitting through the PKs. Eduardo's 1st shot was saved but then Almunia stopped a weak shot in the 2nd round. It went into sudden death after the rest of the shooters hit their target. Then, in the 8th round, Tonetto missed the goal completely & ended Roma's hopes of progressing... keeping the Gunners alive for the next round. While I wouldn't bet against Man U winning everything this year, Arsenal seem to be on a bit of an up-swing. Don't count them out just yet. You can read the entire match report here.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope you didn't misunderstand my comment. 99% of the time, I think men should have beards- but not on Joaquin. I prefer him more in his Cash look.
And I think you are sexy sexy with a full beard! :)

Andre said...

Oh, then I guess I shouldn't have shaved.

Anonymous said...

I haven't shaved in over a month. I haven't even trimmed at all. Everyone is like what the hell are you doing? You need to shave. But I've been telling everyone that I'm going Joaquin Phoenix for awhile. Everyday at the courthouse there is this lady that yells at me for not shaving.

Andre said...

Do you have any pictures of this? I know you dig beards, but I can't picture you w/o it trimmed nicely.

Unknown said...

A Plu$! Liverpool put a smack down on some bitches! How did you watch the Arsenal game? I didn't think it was televised.
I say you and Phoenix should start a duo.

Unknown said...

Also. check this out.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/12/joaquin-phoenix-attacks-heckler-at-miami-performance/
Latest on his hip hop show! Home boy attacked a heckler.

Andre said...

Yeah, the attack was mentioned in the Daily Mail article too.

I watched it on Setanta. Although, had it not been on that I probably would have just dialed it up on live-footy.com.

LauraJ23 said...

The clip of him attacking the heckler is hilarious.

And Word up, A Plu$!

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly, it may have been staged.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090313/ten-phoenix-fight-staged-c60bd6d.html

Andre said...

The Daily Mail article says that too.