Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Raymond Domenech is a Doucehbag!

I know most of you faithful readers are tired of the soccer posts, & a few of you are expecting a Landon "Ladycakes" Donovan post, but after the way France played in Austria the other day, I decided to take it upon myself & bore you all again. First off, the coach needs to be sacked... like NOW! His shit ass selection bought Les Bleu a 1-way ticket home from Euro 08 @ the bottom of their group & now they dropped 3 points in World Cup qualifying to Austria?!?!?! WTF!?!? Maybe I'm going to far here, but I think I could do a better job... & I'd do it on the cheap. I'm not asking for millions of Francs, just airfare, expenses & a small stipend to pay my bills. And maybe a new replica kit. After Mexes' horrible performance in central defense (& considering the fact that Thuram is 36 years old), here's what I'd do. A 3-5-2 is the only way to go since they're having a rough time fielding 2 useful central defenders (actually, they're having a rough time fielding 1 useful CD but Gallas will be alright). W/ that in mind, Mexes should exiled on Saint Helena... his crimes are much worse than anything Napoleon ever did. He scored an own goal, lost his marker for the 2nd goal & pulled down an attacker to give up a penalty kick for the 3rd goal. Maybe exile is too nice... a bullet to the back of the head might be more fitting. Anyway, here's the line-up I'd go w/:
Frey
Sagna----Gallas--------Evra

Flamini----Diara
Govou-----Ribery------Nasri

--------------Ben Arfa
----Benzema

Yet Flamini & Ben Arfa aren't even in the squad while Thuram, Henry, Anelka, Makelele, Vieira, & Toulalan are & they are all ancient. Toulalan might not be as old as he looks, but he plays like he is. even if they do turn it around & qualify, these fossils won't be going to S. Africa. (Maybe Henry will, but not as a starter.) I said it after the Euros & I'll say it again: they need to focus on their youth! I imagine Domenech is claiming that the youth will evolve over the next 2 years & slowly overtake the older players, but unless some changes are made now, it won't matter because they won't be playing a competitive match until the Euro 2012 qualifiers begin in the fall of 2010.

In other news, we won our 1st match the other day as the other team only had 4 people & had to forfeit. We gave them some people & played 8 v 8 & Dan (my brother in law & right winger) got his 1st goal ever, finally overcoming the anguish of being stopped by a legless goalie as a kid. Along w/ "getting his duck," he also published a story on Word Riot... you should all check it out.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

okay, I read everything but the actual plan of what you'd do :)

Unknown said...

Glad to have you as my coach and team leader! Thanks for the shout out too.