I just learned via a friend's facebook update that Ryan Adams & Mandy Moore are engaged. Of course, Visions of Ypsi is known around the globe for its dedication to a skeptical approach to celeb gossip & rumor mongering, so we need to look closer @ this rumor. I'm really not that concerned w/ celebrity marriage, & I highly doubt any relationship involving Ryan Adams has a chance @ longevity, but the fact that Mandy Moore is involved is intruiging... I know absolutely nothing about her, but I hear her name a lot so she must be extremely talented. Anywaya, here's the situation.
1. I read the Facebook status
2. I Googled "Ryan Adams Mandy Moore
3. I clicked on the 1st link that mentioned their engagement, E-Online, who cited no one so I had to go back to Google.
4. I found the New York Magazine page which also discussed their engagement, & this strangely anti-Ryan Adams site even included a citation... Life & Style Magazine.
5. Follown their link to Life & Style, I was actually directed to Perez Hilton, which also cited Life & Style; however, the link they posted doesn't work.
6. I returned to Google & searched for Life & Style, a site that seems to have neither a reference to this rumored engagement, nor a search function.
It was this 6-step process that has dented my faith in the internet. I'm beginning to wonder if it's all just a bunch of baseless links w/ nothing but porn & hearsay... shocking!