Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dese, Dese, Dese, Dese... Goal: Easy

For those of you in far off lands (Kentucky & Japan), here's a little soccer update. The O30 Men's Division 4 House Team is now 0-3 w/ 17 goals for & 32 goals against... a goal difference of -15 which would place us above Bolton, Fulham & Derby in the Premiership right now, but they've played more games & have actually gotten a few points over the course of the season. Of our 17 goals, I have 6 of them, including a hat-trick last Friday night. We had a bit of a snow-storm, but I knew the team needed me so I braved the ice & wind & had what I believe is my 1st ever 3 goal game. While the team thought I was a superstar before, I've really got them convinced now. The game was @ 9:00 & in a rather poor move on my part, I ate a plate of Perogies, sour kraut, salad & cornbread @ 6:00. To top it all off, I washed it down w/ a pint of whole milk. I figured the Germans eat a lot of sour kraut & they almost beat Michael Caine & Sly Stallone so what could go wrong? I guess I forgot about the Poles & their inability to make it past the 2nd round of the World Cup since 1978: Perogies & sports don't mix. Needless to say, by the time the game rolled around I was feeling like I'd just eaten a plate of perogies & sour kraut. Even w/ the dinner turning into a ball of cement in my gut, I was the best player on the team. In fact, they're yelling things like "Let Andre take the free kick" & "Give it to Andre & let him set up the play." I'm not even exaggerating. It's really weird. My 1st goal was a nice 1-touch off a give-&-go in the 1st minute of the game. For my 2nd, I beat 2 defenders & the goalie before tapping it in w/ the outside of my left foot. My final goal came as I beat a defender on the left and slotted it into the far corner while the goalie was screened by the very defender I just beat. Maybe my teammates are right. Maybe I'm sweet.

8 comments:

Daye said...

I'm currently "making" ho made saurkraut. Wanna be a guinea pig when it is done?

Andre said...

Hell yeah!

Anonymous said...

ho made?
is you a ho?

Ypsipearl said...

She ain't no ho. That I no.

I love Bubbie's saurkraut. Fermenty goodness.

Andre said...

Yeah, Bubbies is the best. I tried some other brand a few months ago because it was cheaper. When it comes to sour kraut, you gotta pay for the quality.

Anonymous said...

It was a good dinner though!! I wish the snow hadn't ruined the plans for the night- hopefully the kids can see a game soon.

Unknown said...

A new pre-game ritual! I'll happily join in, make it a glass of beer instead of whole milk though.

Anonymous said...

wow- that is micheal caine... he looks terrible in that picture!!