Thursday, March 8, 2007

A Quick Arsenal Post

Arsenal tied PSV Eindhoven yesterday 1-1 which knocked them out of the Champions League in Europe after PSV defender Alex scored an own goal at his end of the field and then equalized at the other end w/ 5 minutes to go. They lost the game in Eindhoven 1-0, but they dominated both games. I'm not pleased, but at least all of the young players got a lot of experience this year. It does look like they'll pass Liverpool in the Premiership and even if they don't, as long as they finish in the top 4 they will secure a spot in the Champions League next year. They are only a point behind Liverpool right now and they have 2 games in hand. Those young players (in the Carling Cup final against Chelsea, the average age on the team was 19 1/2) have the experience now to win the Premier League next year and everything the year after that. All of you, who I know are just dieing for more soccer info, can read the full Arsenal-PSV match report here. The game wasn't on TV, so I had to watch it on Live Footy. This web-site is so cool, I'm considering getting rid of my digital cable since Fox Soccer and Gol are the only channels I really watch anyway, but I'm afraid the site will be shut down at some point and then I'd be totaly screwed. And so would all of you who live for my soccer posts. Georgina, Shannon, Stacey... I know you love this shit.

2 comments:

Daye said...

and the wings won too!! and so did Sparty roundball boys--it was a happy sports day

Andre said...

And??? I think you have the wrong conjuction unless you're a PSV fan... but I'd be surprised if you are.

It's never a happy sports day when the Gunners lose.