Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day (Seasonal post #3)

First and foremost, you all MUST watch this little piece of heaven. One guy wants to get a back-hoe to up-root a tree in search of the pot of gold, but I think this very video might actually be the pot of gold. Ignore this at your own peril:

Next up, we have a few music recommendations for your St. Patty's Day celebrations. Be sure to check these bands out... you won't be sorry:

  • Gaelic Storm: I bought their first CD yesterday to replace the greatest hits that the Ex absconded w/. To be fair, it was hers to begin w/, but I need me same drunken music for St. Patrick's Day
  • Teada: I've been digging these guys for a couple years. Good traditional acoustic stuff. They play around here once in a while. I've seen them twice and neither time was I let down.
  • Millish: As a few of you know, the son of a co-worker of mine is in this group. They are fantastic whose members have won many awards including World Champion Uilleann piper and State Champion bluegrass fiddler. Check them out!
  • The Chieftains: I know you've all heard of them, but be sure to hear them today. Paddy Moloney almost recorded an album w/ Jerry Garcia once... there's my little Grateful Dead reference for the day.
  • The Diggers: Their web-site blows, but their music is top-notch. They play Conor O'Neill's every St. Pat's Day, but I think I'm going to fore-go their set tonight in favor of some other bands.
  • Bad Haggis: I just got turned on to these guys recently. They're fun. They're doing stuff somewhat similar to Gaelic Storm, but a little heavier.
  • The Clancy Brothers: I imagine you're familiar w/ them too, but for some reason they don't have the same popularity as the Chieftains. I suppose it's because a couple are dead and they don't tour much anymore. They're playing the Magic Bag Listen to them none-the-less.
  • No comments: