Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK @ EMU & Beyond

Here's a full schedule of the stuff to do on campus today: http://www.emich.edu/mlk/. I think I'll be heading to the "Stereotypes in Film" seminar, but I might hit the performance of "The Meeting" instead... a fictional account of a meeting between MLK & Malcolm X. There are 3 or 4 things I'm interested in all going on between 2:00 & 2:50, but none of the 3:00-3:50 stuff looks up my alley. Off campus there's obviously a lot going on too, but I was a bit surprised that the Ypsi libraries weren't doing more. An afternoon marathon of Selma, Lord, Selma @ the Michigan Ave branch is interesting, but it's a bit odd.

I went w/ Stephanie & the kids to the Whittaker Branch this morning for "Story Time" w/ Isaiah. They go every week, but I've always been busy. It was super fun to hang w/ him as he played along & listened to the stories. He was so excited from the moment we walked in there. He kept pulling my arm to get me to go to the proper room as I was attempting to look @ other stuff. He was so funny. I wish I had the opportunity to do that more often. Of course, while we went to "story Time," S & A hung out on the computers. Aiden's Lost addiction is pretty ridiculous. All he was doing was looking @ Lost flair on Facebook in an attempt to figure out what's coming next. (we're on Season 5 Episode 9: "Namaste." I'm sure he'll ensure we get through @ least 2 or 3 this evening.
Comin' attcha!

No comments: