Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Quick Player of the Day Award

As wee come up to the Confederations Cup Semi Finals tomorrow, I figured I should log in & say something about the final matches in the group stage. Brasil did exactly what everyone assumed they'd do.... they had their way w/ Italy. Surprisingly, so did the USA. As you all know, in order for the US to progress, they needed to beat Egypt 3-0 & Brasil needed to beat Italy by the same scoreline. By halftime, Brasil was up 3-0 & the US was up 1-0. While I'm sure you were still skeptical @ that point, 2 2nd half goals saw the US through to face Spain on Wednesday. Luis Fabiano ha a great game for the Brasilians, but for a change, I'm gonna honor an American. (Mark your calender... it could be the last time this happens.) As a central midfielder for Borussia Moenchengladbach in Germany, & the son of the US coach, he has been developing well over the last few years. I was impressed by him the 1st time I saw him play, & now he has certainly become an important figure in the squad. He controls the mid-field well & has great vision (in fact I think he'd work well @ Arsenal w/ Fabregas). Now, your Visions of Ypsi Player of the Day: Michael Bradley

No comments: