Saturday, April 7, 2007

Live from my bathroom

Since we've got Easter weekend going on, before I get into what's happening, here's a little history about the pagan roots of the holiday. To celebrate properly, there's a happy little neighborhood party going on tonight. In other celebration news, I colored eggs w/ my kids yesterday before taking them to see Gerry at Bombadill's which doesn't seem to actually have a web-site (not even a myspace profile), so instead I'll give y'all the Downtown Ypsi site. The kids had a great time running around and driving some guy who was attempting to work nuts. Once we were home and the kids were in bed, I happened upon The Sound of Music. I hadn't seen it in a few years so I settled in w/ some tea and shortbread. I'm a sucker for good showtunes, and that film definitely has good one... not to mention Nazis. I love watching people fight Nazis too. And then at the end when Cap. von Trapp sings "Edelweiss" to the room full of Austrians after the Anschlause, it always brings a tear to my eye. Even just watching the clip on youtube made me well-up a little. I have the same reaction to the scene in Casablanca when Victor Laszlo leads the crowd through "La Marseille" and drowns out the singing Nazis. Obviously, Casablanca isn't a musical, but it affects me the same way. Before I leave you w/ the clips I just talked about, I'll explain nthe title of this post. I was having trouble getting my lap-top to connect to the wireless network at my house, and I finally fixed it the other night so now I can blog while shitting... I love it.

No comments: