Sunday, February 8, 2009

James Joyce makes for a fun winter

I started reading Finnegan's Wake again this week & can proudly announce that @ 10 pages I've made it twice as far as ever before. It's like Dr. Seuss & Lewis Carroll got together & ate some mushrooms. But rather than an extensive... ie: boring... post about it, I think I'm going to occasionally just give you all a couple quotes this winter while I slowly make my way through it. Here are the 1st few quotes:

* Hootch is for husbandman handling his hoe. Hohohoho, Mister Finn, you're going to be Mister Finnagain! Comeday morm, & O, you're vine! Sendday's eve & oh you're vinegar! Hahahaha, Mister Funn, you're going to be fined again!

* Arrah, sure, we all love little Anny Ruiny, or, wee mean to say, lovelittle Anna Rayiny, when unda her brella, mid piddle, med puddle, she ninnygoes, nannygoes, nancing by. Yoh!

Stay tuned to Visions of Ypsi... there's sure to be more to come! And you can read it along w/ me & maybe even get you Joseph Campbell on.

No comments: