Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hey Folks, It's Earth Day


When I think Earth Day, I think George and Laura. In fact, at the official government Earth Day site, we learn about everything they have done to improve the condition or the environment. The site points out:

The Bush Administration is focused on achieving meaningful results – cleaner air and water, and healthier lands and wildlife habitats.
* The nation's air is much cleaner today than it was in 1970 and progress will continue.
* The trend of annual loss of wetlands has been reversed.
* Restoration and redevelopment of abandoned industrial sites is accelerating.
* President Bush is meeting his commitment to reduce the National Park Service maintenance backlog.


Now, I'm no geologist, I haven't had a biology course since high school, and while I really enjoyed my Earth Science class as an undergrad, those fields are really my brother's forte. However, even w/o that specific knowledge, I need to call this propaganda site into question. It's one thing to suggest that the environmentalists have made progress over the last 37 years, but to give to the credit to the Bushes is absurd. I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but those fucks are responsible for so fucking much of the mess we're in right now. The fucker didn't even acknowledge global warming until recently and even then he got the terminology changed to "Global Climate Change" so he wouldn't have to go back on his exact words: "Global Warming doesn't exist, but Global Climate Change does"... what a fucking douchebag! His re-election in 2006 didn't surprise me at all, nor does the fact that the Democrats are too chicken-shit to do anything about him, but what really baffles me, the thing at which I marvel every day, the most curious aspect of this chucklehead's political career is that no crazy straight-edge type has tried to assassinate him. Obviously, I'm neither calling for his death, nor suggesting that that is a good solution, but the fact that it hasn't happened is weird. You'd think some fucked up Ani DiFranco fan would think he could win her heart by putting a couple shots in his ass, Hinckley-style. There must be some woman out there who has watched Taxi Driver one too many times and assumes she could win George Clooney's hand by peeling some caps back into W's pasty white belly. I want to pause again to re-iterate the fact that I wouldn't endorse this type of activity. We at Visions of Ypsi are non-violent, peace loving ne'er-do-wells. We neither endorse, not promote violence, nor do we wish to be the target of some Homeland Security investigation. I would say, however, that it might be time for W to visit the Washington Hilton.

Sorry about that little assassination tangent. I now return you to our regularly scheduled Earth Day post. Here's a little bit of the Pixies for your ass:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see that Hinkley might be released soon? So maybe Hinkley could be the one to go "Hinkley."

Anonymous said...

Sweet... that would ironic as Hell.

Anonymous said...

Andre! That is my favorite pixies song. I thought I would die when they played it live when Charlie and I went and saw them in Chicago a while ago. Yay Pixies!

Anonymous said...

I would imagine that they play it at every show. I don't see them as the type to avoid their hits.